Computer Recovery (this option is only available on the HP Media Vault Pro)
To help you recover your computer and data in the event of
a hard drive failure, the HP Media Vault includes a Drive Backup
application. A drive backup must be accomplished prior to a hard
drive failure for a Computer Recovery to be successful. Use this
disc to restore your computer from the HP Media Vault in the event
of the following:
- To restore the system drive.
- When the operating system will not start (boot).
- If you cannot use System Restore to restore the system
To ensure that you have the latest version
of the PC Restore Disc, contact HP support at
||To recover your computer
- Insert the PC Restore Disc into
a CD/DVD drive in the computer you want to restore.
- Restart the computer, and boot from the CD.
- Follow the instructions in the Restore application.